Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spectacular Spectacles

I have awful vision. How bad you ask collectively? So bad that I can date Quasimodo's ugly brother. Coke bottles. Need a seeing eye dog. You get the point. I'm in luck though. I have a glasses fetish and find them quite a turn on. I think a neat pair make a person better looking. I prefer Clark Kent to Superman, Tina fey wets the panties, Keith Oberman makes me go schwing!, and Pailin, well I will admit she's hot despite her redneck white trashy-ness but only until she speaks.

I totally dig glasses and rarely wear contacts as I feel just a little less hot without the spectacles. So as my fortune goes, my 750 USD specs broke right down the bridge. Shit. Can't fix that not to mention that those glasses were the most expensive thing I owned. The frames were Betsey Johnson and the lenses that also need to be thinned and coated are 300. 750 total. Double shit.

I ended up wearing contacts until I could save up for another pair.

Two bonths I have been wearing these ocular torture devices devised by Bauch and Lomb. I blink, and they pop out. They would fall behind my eyeball. They itch. They hurt and give me headaches. Worse yet, if I don't tweeze my brows it's REALLY noticible.

I started trolling the net looking for a more affordable alternative. After checking out site after site that offer complete glasses but the frames were lame or rather pricey and then then I found a blogg that mentioned goggles4u.com and the clouds opened up and angels sang.

Amazing seclection of frames, free s&h, free coatings, and thinning for next to nothing. This was heaven and after I ordered my pair, the entire cost came to 37 USD. Let me repeat that. $37!!!! They came in 2 weeks and and were/are absolutely perfect.

So all of us blind folk should be a little happier that there are options and we are no longer have to promise our 1st born just to pay for something as basic as sight. This is not luxury. This is necessity. So goggles4u.com you have my loyalty and my fetish. I shall spread the gospel to my myopic brethren.

1 comment: