Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drats! Foiled at Chiller

I do so love conventions of the horror/sci-fi/comic kind. When my schedule permits, I will gather friends and accomplices to join me in my nerdly pursuits. This past Saturday (5/3/08) Chiller was on my calendar. Oh what fun Dominar Stark, Master Virage and I would have. It would also allow me to catch up with my buddy, indie horror film maker SV Bell (and person I lent my voice talents to for his film Rise of the Ghosts).
The gang and I donned our more tame fetish attire and met up for breakfast at the best Jersey diner/pancake house The Brownstone. We needed pancakes! Like usual, the pancakes were fucking fabulous & the perpetual cups of black gold kept me spry. After we polished off the meal and we were thoroughly caffinated, we piled into Master Virage's car and headed off to beautiful Parsippany NJ. The leisurely ride soon turned into a frenzied dash for the hotel. The coffee hit and it hit our collective bladders hard. But we got to the hotel quickly with no leaks or wet spots and our sighs of relief gave way to gasps of horror. The lot was full. I mean really really full. Not a good sign. We ended up parking far far away and on the other side of the hotel.
We hobbled as quickly as we could into the back entrance (lest one of us pop) and into the nearest rest rooms. One male. One female and 1 patron at a time. Lucky us, no tp. None. Neither the men's nor woman's had tp, just cheap abrasive feels like tree bark paper towels. Apparently I was luckier than Dominar Stark. His latrine had a shit monument in the corner. Someone was non too happy with the lack of tp, used the paper towels instead and then piled the shitiful towels in the corner. This begged the question Was this shittter human or hamster (hamsters and the like pile feces in a corner to keep it away from other things)? These were all terrible signs. Horrid bathrooms and lousy parking all point in one direction, an overly crowded Chiller. By the time we found the entrance/ticket area to Chiller, there was a line out the door and around. So our choices were 1.stand all day on line or 2.leave and go see Iron Man.
Look for my up coming review of Iron Man.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm not gonna lie : you make a star trek uniform look majorly hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sv Bell! I adore his films. The one I loved most was the one about the junkie stripper vampire. I can't remember what it was called, but I remember thinking "this film is totally 'me', what with the bright garish psychedelic colours everywhere...and because I did that gutter life about 18 years ago. Thank you for reminding me to go look for more of his work...

    ReplyDelete